Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Achieving a bright, beautiful, and whiter smile can be simple and cost-effective. Getting a better smile does not need to involve complex procedures and lengthy treatments, especially if an aesthetically pleasing smile is all you are looking for.
There are many simple and cost-effective ways to beautify your smile and, in many cases, these treatments can also help improve the function of your mouth. With all the options available to you, you are bound to find something to fit your lifestyle to help you get that better smile!
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
There is a variety of cosmetic dentistry options available to help enhance your smile, such as:
- Teeth Whitening: Perhaps one of the simplest and quickest ways to beautify your smile, teeth whitening can either be done by your dentist or with an over-the-counter kit at home. This treatment involves using a whitening treatment containing a bleaching agent (usually peroxide) to remove stains and discolouration from your teeth, giving you an almost instantly whiter and brighter smile. Whilst it may be more convenient to use an over-the-counter kit at home, a professional teeth whitening will be more effective especially with stubborn stains and longer lasting.
- Crowns: If you have a tooth that is damaged, decaying, or stained, a crown can be used to cover it up. Crowns are simple, custom-made cap-like structures which are designed to be placed directly over a tooth. To accommodate the crown, the tooth in question will be shaven down a bit and the crown will be secured over it using a special bonding agent. Not only will a crown cover up aesthetic imperfections, it will blend it with your teeth (they are matched to the natural colour of your teeth) and will help protect your tooth from further damage.
- Bridges: Designed to literally bridge the gap between teeth, bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth and complete your smile. Bridges are fitted by being anchored to the teeth surrounding the gap. Dental bridges are also used to help improve the function of your mouth since missing teeth can cause dental problems.
- Veneers: If you are looking for a quick and effective way to perfect your smile, veneers are the way to go. Made from porcelain, veneers are thin covers which are bonded to your teeth to give you an almost instant smile. It covers up imperfections such as stains, discolouration, small cracks, chips, and even gaps in your teeth. Veneers are also recommended if traditional teeth whitening treatments are unsuccessful in removing stains and discolouration.
- Enamel shaping: Dentists can file your teeth to adjust its shape, size (if it is too long or large), correct minor chips or cracks, or even reposition it slightly. This is a great way to correct a problematic tooth and improve its appearance and your smile.
- Gum work: Many people only think of their teeth when they think about cosmetic procedures to improve their smiles, however, work on your gums can also affect the look of your smile. If you have gums which are too large or too small, your dentist can use laser treatments or a minor surgical procedure to correct it and give you a more perfect smile.
- Orthodontics: Crooked teeth or a bad bite can negatively affect your smile and the function of your mouth. Orthodontic treatments such as braces, palatal expanders, clear aligners, etc. are designed to slowly move your teeth and jaw into their correct position over a period of time.
Living with dental imperfections can lead to poor function of the mouth. Using cosmetic dentistry procedures can help enhance the appearance of your smile and also improve the function of your mouth.
Lara Dental | Geelong
Speak to one of our dental professionals when looking for the cosmetic dentistry option to improve your smile. Book an appointment with us by calling 03 5282 3201, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the query form on our Contact Us page.